To apply for a loan, you will have to provide the lender with detailed documentation of your financial history. The lender will request a credit report from a credit agency and will verify the information provided in your loan application. Be prepared to give your lender:
- Social Security numbers for both you and any co-borrowers.
- Copies of checking and savings accounts statements for the past two months.
- Evidence of any other assets such as bonds, stocks, or money saved in retirement programs (i.e. 401k or 403b program)
- Recent paycheck stubs.
- W-2 withholding forms, or income tax returns for the past two years to verify your income and proof of employment .
- The name and address of someone who can verify your employment.
- Residence history for the past two years.
- Sales contract for the purchase of a new home.
- Homeowner’s association information with contact information if property is a condo or part of a homeowner’s association.